Sunday, June 1, 2008

Can IM produce success stories in 2008?

Hello!

I had a lot of eBay students who ask me if Internet Marketing is still live and well and make sense to try it. YES make sens! I’ll comment on this topic now.

First it is a confusion going on in Internet Marketing Beginners Camp.

If somebody is not successful it is not necessary because Internet Marketing is a waist of time. In majority of cases happened because some Internet Marketing Methods are changing as we speak. I am talking about the Web 2.0 revolution, about PPC vs. FREE traffic and so on. And not everybody is willing to jump on learning the new Methods, to work hard to keep abreast with what is new.

The Internet is changing so rapidly and the comfortable routine of what you know to do, can be a stopper in your career. Not everybody has the temperament to be a pioneer, but on Internet if you embrace your comfortable pillow to long… you will not be successful.

I have been in States since 1980. I was coming from Europe, and I was looking for a job as a Programmer Analyst. At that point all I knew was COBOL on Main Frame. I got a job and in first month I was impressed with how many other packages, languages, Databases, utilities, plus PC skills my co-workers had and use daily bases. In top of that; courses for new software packages, languages was offered monthly bases.

The reality struck me: I am a good Cobol programmer, but if I don’t start to learn new technology in 2-3 years maybe I am not going to find a Cobol Job.

I jumped in the first opportunity, I learned a new data base called DATACOM/DB and IDEAL language and that decision was the start of my prosperity in USA. After 2 years I was good enough with ADR packages and I start to do consulting and 10 years of prosperity come out of that simple decision to go to the ADR’s package training.

Now those are old packages, but I learn a lesson, never stop to learn new things!

I am still learning, I was curious about Internet, about eBay, about being an eBay teacher, about on-line marketing, Web 2.0, and here I am doing Internet Marketing and keep going learning.

Let’s come back to our topic Internet Marketing. The blue print of your success will be to stick with the following plan and learn as much as you can.

Step 1: Start building a list of potential customers who some day will become your customers and repeated customers.
You may be sick of hearing “the money is in the list” but the number one reason behind almost all successful marketers is the fact they have a mailing list and they have a good relationship with the list. Start now, not tomorrow.

Step 2: Sell others products as an affiliate.
It is nothing wrong to be an affiliate, can be productive and is part of your learning curve of learning what other successful marketers are doing.

Step 3: Create your own products or services.
Almost every successful marketer has their own product or service which can be any of the following:

  • An eBook,
  • An audio recording.
  • Video tutorials.
  • A membership site.
  • Create a Software Package
  • Create reports you can giveaway for FREE
  • Do coaching on something you are good at
  • Create mini eCourses via email, and offer as a backend a real good course or coaching membership program
  • Create Copywriting services: Sales pages, squeeze pages,
  • Create Graphics
  • Website design
  • And so on… I can continue but I'm sure you get the picture.

Step 4: Create a blog.
Having your own blog gives you an instant way to communicate with your list and is also an excellent way to generate an affiliate income by reviewing other marketers’ products.

Step 5: Learn to drive FREE traffic using Web 2.0
Web 2.0 is considered the new generation of Web Sites. The communication, interaction is the name of the new game. To be honest with you, I was a little skeptical for the beginning. But as soon as I realize the power of interaction with others, I completely change my mind, and the shift to new mentality got me.

Part of Web 2.0 are:

  • Social Bookmarking
  • Social Networking
  • Video Sites
  • Pod Casting
  • Blogs

Step 6: Build a network of affiliates and JV Partners.
They can promote your products and you can promote there’s. Compete with your competition, work with them and grow together.

Step 7: Help as many people as you can.
Your effort will be repaid the big way if you offer your services to others who need it most.

Step 8: Stop wasting your time online with information overload.
You really don’t need everything which is publishing on the net. Only buy products that are relevant to your business and your niche.

Step 9: Work with a plan.
You really need a short term and a long term plan to make your business grow. Try to get done something every day. If you have a niche; stick with it.

Step 10: The Sky is the limit but not without:

  • taking action
  • keep going learning
  • staying in the positive site
  • never give up
Regards, if you have a comment drop a line or two.
Michaela
http://www.MC-eBay-Resources.com
http://internetmarketingreviews-michisor2.blogspot.com/
http://www.squidoo.com/AffiliateMarketingNew/



No comments: